Saturday, July 10, 2010

She's Got Moxie

I approached the Post and Courier 2 months ago and asked them if they would write an article in efforts to thank Rotary International for this amazing opportunity. Yes, I approached them. Most people would have you believe that the paper goes out in search of great things, including them, but not so. The Post and Courier realizes that people who really want to share news or a story will come to them with their plea. So when I pleaded, the writers of Moxie told me that I'd be perfect for their Moxie section. What's Moxie?!? Well according to Wikipedia, moxie means: courage, daring, and energy. Example: "She's got Moxie!"


The article was published in yesterday's Charleston Post and Courier: http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2010/jul/09/betsy-sutherlandrotary-ambassadorial-scholarship/ and followed up by the Graduate School at the College of Charleston Blog: http://blogs.cofc.edu/gradschool/2010/07/09/student-wins-rotary-ambassadorial-scholarship/. As my friends say, now I'm famous! (well not so much, but it was worth the plea!) Thank you to Rotary, College of Charleston, and Moxie!

No comments:

Post a Comment