Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Flying to Cape Town

I realized today that I've never traveled anywhere that took not hours, but days. In the past I've flown to Europe which ususally takes 8-9 hours, but flying to Cape Town will take a total of 30 hours. Today I arrived in London after a 8 hour flight from Atlanta. In a few hours I will then board another flight for Cape Town which will be 11.5 hours. All of this after a 9 hour layover in London. I admire people that travel the globe for work because it really takes a toll on your body! British Airways has been great so far-- I would recommend it to anyone. The staff all speak with a pleasant British accent and the planes are much bigger than other comparable flights. The only thing that I find a bit weird is that London-Heathrow will not post your departing gate until 1 hour before your flight leaves. That means that you have to watch the screen like hawk and hope that you don't have to travel too far to a different concourse.

Next time I blog it will be from South Africa!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, tried to post a comment about 7 hours ago from my BB, but, couldn't get it to accept the "submit". Hope the rest of your flight is good, are you being met by your Host Counselor or is Kristen back in town yet to see you. Take care of yourself and looking forward to a few blogs once you settle in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe travels from the CofC Grad School Office! We can't wait to hear about all of your adventures.

    ReplyDelete