Monday, June 7, 2010

Beginning the Journey- Moving


I'm getting closer to my departure to South Africa- visa application has been submitted, shots have been scheduled, and I just rented my house (shown in picture) and moved from Charleston, SC to Asheville, NC. Even though I'll only be in Cape Town for a year, there is a tremendous amount of paperwork and preparations that have to take place beforehand. I've run up against many obstacles, but I know in the end it will all be worth it. This is just the beginning!

5 comments:

  1. So exciting, Betsy! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for all you're going to be able to do. Looks like you're almost set and the blog looks great. Let me know if you need anything between now and July 17th. take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy,
    I am so excited for you. And so excited you have a blog. I have had one for oh about six years now. It's neat to go back and look and remember things you would forget otherwise. Plus it will help us know what you are doing and going through. Good luck friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Betsy,
    We just love anything & anyone who has a heart for Africa! I recommend reading "The Poisonwood Bible...."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy,

    We will miss you and Starbucks here in Schieveling Plantation. Best of luck on this exciting adventure. We look forward to sharing your experiences through your blog.

    Glen, Bonnie, Riggins, and Molly
    9 June 2010

    ReplyDelete